The meeting will focus on the potential of youth in our community and will feature updates from the Rideau-Rockcliffe Community Resource Centre, concerning a new youth strategy for the ward. We will also hear from Minwaashin Lodge, Andrew Fleck Child Care Services, AlivEducation, and the Ottawa-Carleton District School Board.
Before our program focusing on the youth in our community, the agenda will include:
- Electing the new Board members
- Extending our borders to include Castle Heights residents
- Confirming the community’s desire to be designated a Mature Neighbourhood
- Providing an update on urban laneways
Jamaal Jackson Rogers, known as JustJamaal The Poet, a local spoken word poet will also give a short performance at the AGM.
- Remember that life is a journey, a process that happens every moment
- There are no failures, only life lessons
- Believe in and depend on your own talent and find people to believe in and support you
- Be open to allow others to help you
We look forward to welcoming Jamaal to this meeting to focus on youth in our community.
The presentations and performance follow a short OCA business meeting which begins at 6:30 pm.